Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Michael Moore Hates America
By Guest Blogger - Charles Wilhelm

I have not seen Michael Moore's new movie Fahrenheit 9/11, but a lot of the stuff I'm hearing about it makes me wonder if he not only hates President Bush, but America too. Evidently, I am not the only one. In the spirit of Michael Moore himself, filmmaker Michael Wilson took his camera in hand and traveled across the country on a quest to find out why Moore does what he does. Wilson's film is titled Michael Moore Hates America and, despite the title, is not actually an exercise in Moore-bashing according to Wilson. The film's official site, http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/ has this to say:

Contrary to its title, Michael Moore Hates America isn't a hatchet job on the filmmaker. It's a journey across the nation where we meet celebrities, scholars and average folks alike, and we find out whether the American Dream is still alive! In the process, we'll look at Michael Moore’s claims about the country, its people, and our way of life.

I'm not usually one to eagerly anticipate the release of a documentary film, but in this case I'll make the exception. Michael Moore Hates America is one film I can't wait to see, documentary or not.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Did you see that Hezbollah was offering to help publicize the film? I am not kidding, I have a post on it at my other blog, http://brainster.blogspot.com.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who is tired of the phrase "Hates America"??

"Criticizes America", "Wants America to Do Better", "Faces Instances of Corruption in America", etc., etc.

Those I could buy as evidence that the person saying them has actually thought thru their position just a bit.

But "Hates America" is just a rage-inducing code phrase thought up by (IMHO bad) folks who want to push your buttons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home