Monday, July 26, 2004

Site Redux - The Story

No Pundit Intended has actually been around for a couple of years, although I have only been on blogspot for a couple of months.

At first there was a tiny little PHP driven site with a mySQL database and I posted articles in raw form to the db. Then I had host problems and had to switch hosts... and waited. I could not get the site back up and the folks who help me were bogged down with more important things, like making a living.

I was writing articles and sending them out to an email distribution for a while and then discovered blogspot. So, I took the text files from some old articles, some of the email articles and built up my archive, then I started posting like crazy!

Blogspot has been great and they have a good product for people like me who can't or don't want to spend a lot of time in development. I have missed messing with things though and you can only do so much of that on blogger.

With a lot of help from a friend, my domain now has something more than a redirect and some meta tags on it.

The new site solution is robust - there are a couple of limitations, but also a couple of very neat features. I'll be introducing those over time.

Although it is going to take some time, I will be moving things over to nopunditintended.com - so please update your bookmarks.

Thank you and God Bless,

Joel Gaines

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Politically Homeless said...

Congrats Joel! Can't wait to test drive your new site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home